The NASCAR All-Star Race is hitting the Lone Star State for the primary time ever.
The mid-season exhibition will happen at Texas Motor Speedway on Jun 13.
Followers shall be allowed within the stands and are additionally voting to choose the 21st driver within the beginning lineup.
This is every part else you could know:
WHEN IS IT?
The inexperienced flag is about to fly at eight p.m. ET on Sunday evening.
Energetic drivers who’ve received the Cup Sequence championship or the All-Star race up to now 10 years routinely qualify together with race winners from the 2020 and 2021 seasons. Kyle Larson received pole place by means of a random draw.
A sequence of All-Star Open races shall be held earlier than the All-Star Race beginning at 5 p.m. to choose three extra drivers for the lineup. The winners of two preliminary heats and the principle All-Star Open every get a spot.
WHO IS THE GRAND MARSHALL?
Soccer teaching legends Joe Gibbs and Tom Landry Jr. will function Grand Marshalls. Soccer greats Gibbs and the late Tom Landry Sr. had been Grand Marshalls for the very first NASCAR Cup Sequence race on the speedway in 1997. Gibbs, in fact, shall be doing double obligation as proprietor of the Joe Gibbs Racing staff.
WHO IS SINGING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM?
Pop solo artist and “Pussycat Dolls” member Kaya Jones shall be singing “The Star Spangled Banner” for her second All-Star Race, having beforehand carried out earlier than the 2013 occasion at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
HOW DOES THE RACE WORK?
It is sophisticated. We’ll let NASCAR clarify:
- Spherical 1: 15 laps. After this spherical, the sector shall be inverted beginning anyplace from the eighth by means of 12th positions, to be chosen by a random draw.
- Spherical 2: 15 laps, with total discipline inverted after this phase.
- Spherical 3: 15 laps, once more the sector shall be inverted beginning anyplace from the eighth by means of 12th positions, to be chosen by a random draw after this spherical.
- Spherical 4: 15 laps.
- Spherical 5: 30 laps. The lineup for this spherical shall be decided by cumulative end from the primary 4 rounds, with one of the best cumulative finisher ranging from the pole. Any ties within the mixture rating shall be damaged by (so as): Most profession All-Star wins, most profession Cup Sequence factors race wins or 2021 Cup Sequence driver standings. All vehicles should enter pit highway for a compulsory four-tire pit cease throughout this spherical. The crew with the quickest cease will pocket $100,000.
- Spherical 6: 10 laps. Automobiles will line up in keeping with their ending place from the earlier spherical for the ultimate phase.
WHAT DOES THE WINNER GET?
$1 million. (Dr. Evil ought to take into consideration taking on inventory automobile racing!)
HOW’S THE WEATHER LOOK?
Clear skies and a sweltering 92 levels are forecast for begin time.
HOW DO I WATCH IT?
The All-Star Open begins at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday and shall be broadcast on FS1 with the All-Star Race following at eight p.m. ET. These with a taking part TV supplier can even watch the occasion on-line and on sensible units utilizing the FOX Sports activities app.
WHO’S GOING TO WIN?
Kyle Larson is the favourite in keeping with Fox Wager, adopted by Chase Elliott, Martin Truex Jr. and Kyle Busch.