Washington Examiner’s ‘Liberal Media Scream’ With the MRC’s Assessment

[ad_1]

Since late January of 2012, the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard has as soon as every week featured a “Mainstream Media Scream” choice in his “Washington Secrets and techniques” column. For every choose, normally posted on-line on Monday, I present a proof and advocate a “scream” ranking (scale of 1 to 5).

This submit comprises the “Liberal Media Screams” beginning in January 2021.

> For all of 2020. For all of 2019. For all of  2018. (Re-named “Liberal Media Scream” as of June 11, 2018.) “Mainstream Media Screams” for:

> July-December 2017 posts; January by June 2017; July to December 2016; for January to June 2016; for July to December 2015; for January to June 2015. (2012-2014 are featured on MRC.org: For 2014; for June 17, 2013 by the top of 2013. And for January 31, 2012 by June 11, 2013.)

Verify Bedard’s “Washington Secrets and techniques” weblog for the newest selection and his different Washington insider posts. Every week, this web page will probably be up to date with Bedard’s newest instance of the worst bias of the week.

(For extra of the worst liberal media bias, browse the Media Analysis Heart’s Notable Quotables with compilations of the newest outrageous, typically humorous, quotes within the liberal media.)

 

■ Might 31: Liberal Media Scream: ‘Some issues could also be true, even when Donald Trump stated them’

See the posting on the Washington Examiner‘s web site the place you may watch the video and skim Baker’s evaluation. Per week later, Bedard’s article will probably be posted right here.

 

■ Might 24: No Liberal Media Scream this week

 

■ Might 17: Liberal Media Scream: Chuck Todd doesn’t wish to be referred to as liberal, ‘Don’t begin that!’

(Washington Examiner submit)

The query on this week’s Liberal Mainstream Scream is that this: Can NBC Meet the Press host Chuck Todd deal with the reality?

A solution got here in his interview with Texas Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw after Todd hit him for 5 questions on the removing of Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney because the No. Three Home chief after she refused to cease criticizing former President Donald Trump on his election fraud claims.

An exacerbated Crenshaw, after watching the liberal media flip the ouster into the subsequent catastrophe for the GOP, blurted out, “You guys within the press love doing this” and “I get it, proper? The press is basically liberal. They’re largely pro-Democrat.”

Todd wouldn’t hear it and tried to take again the dialog. “No, no, no, no, don’t begin that … There’s nothing lazier. There’s nothing lazier than that,” he stated.

Todd tried repeatedly to get Crenshaw to denounce his Republican colleagues and Trump in a collection of questions, beginning with asking him to agree that “Liz Cheney was kicked out of management just because she wouldn’t carry the water of former President Trump’s election lies.” He adopted up with “Why ought to anyone consider a phrase you say if the Republican occasion itself doesn’t have credibility?” and “Do any of your critiques come throughout as credible in case you can’t settle for the basic incontrovertible fact that our democracy held a free and honest election?”

He then pressed Crenshaw to backtrack from ever asking courts to overview some election processes, resulting in this alternate on the Sunday program:

CHUCK TODD: This is a matter that many individuals have, is that you simply’re sitting right here attempting to, attempting to say, ‘No, no, no, no, I simply had a selected query,’ but what you probably did will get weaponized by the previous president. Did you see the rantings of him yesterday? And to the purpose the place a Republican official in Maricopa County referred to as the previous president ‘unhinged.’ , I perceive you guys wish to put this behind you, however he’s the chief of your occasion, and he doesn’t cease speaking about this nonsense.

REP. DAN CRENSHAW: Chuck, the one — look, he’s considered one of many leaders within the occasion. He’s a former president. We’re 5 months into President Biden’s presidency, and there’s a time to maneuver on. And look, you guys within the press love doing this, and I, and I get it, proper? The press is basically liberal. They’re largely pro-Democrat.

TODD: No, no, no, no, don’t begin that. That’s the laz — look, there’s nothing lazier. There’s nothing lazier than that.

CRENSHAW: It’s. I imply, there’s plenty of, there’s plenty of causes to maintain this alive.

TODD: I perceive — what you’re attempting to appease —

CRENSHAW: And there’s lots of people in my occasion that take the bait. I’m not going to take the bait right here —

TODD: I’m not attempting to bait you. I’m attempting to — I’m attempting to determine —

CRENSHAW: What’s the consequence you’re on the lookout for?

TODD: Why do you, why do you, why will we sit right here and have a political occasion that’s principally rallying round this weird lie and mythology that the previous president is doing, and also you guys simply wish to say, ‘Hey, pay no consideration to this,’ that, that someway we within the press are bringing that up. It’s the previous president.

CRENSHAW: Nicely, I already, I already debunked the notion, I already debunked the notion that there is, that there’s no area within the occasion for that. Keep in mind, Liz gained that first election —

CHUCK TODD: She’s not there now.

CRENSHAW: She gained that first management vote, OK? And I informed you why. I helped you perceive why. And what I’m attempting that can assist you perceive is these are usually not the telephone calls I get about this, about who’s the chief of the occasion, what’s taking place with Trump? My Republican supporters don’t ask me about Trump, they don’t ask me about what he stated, they’re not riled up about it. what they’re asking about? What are we doing about over 1 / 4 million unlawful crossings on our border within the final two months? That’s what they’re asking about. How is that sustainable? What about my inflation? What about my financial savings that are actually much less helpful due to rising inflation as a result of we’re spending cash that we don’t have.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “There’s nothing lazier than a liberal journalist, within the midst of pursuing a liberal narrative, denying the plain actuality that the press and journalists are largely liberal. If Todd doesn’t need his visitor to name out his biased agenda, then he shouldn’t preserve asking a variation of the identical query time and again as a result of the visitor gained’t accede to his left-wing speaking factors.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ New on Might 10: Liberal Media Scream: Six extra years of ‘Stacey Abrams for president’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options the newest and gushiest media profile of politician and writer (and surprise girl?) Stacey Abrams, who misplaced in her final election however who journalists consider will probably be president quickly.

CBS Sunday Morning larded on the compliments and promoted her presidential ambitions.

In a section tied to plugging a brand new novel by Abrams, Erin Moriarty stated, “Your important character is all the time a lady of coloration who’s good and gutsy and funky underneath stress. In brief, Stacey Abrams.”

After hailing her efforts to counter Republican voter integrity guidelines, Moriarty celebrated how “making certain that proper to vote might sometime assist Abrams obtain her best dream: working for president.”

From the Sunday version of the present:

JANE PAULEY: We’re in dialog this morning with Stacey Abrams, the Georgia politician who was a power in final yr’s presidential election. However she’s a lady of many different abilities, as she’ll inform Erin Moriarty …

MORIARTY: Stacey Abrams has all the time dreamed huge and completed a lot, however there’s additionally one other aspect to the political activist from Georgia.

ABRAMS: I believe individuals will probably be stunned.

MORIARTY: Developing on Sunday Morning, a dialog with a lady of many abilities and identities.

MORIARTY: Your important character is all the time a lady of coloration who’s good and gutsy and funky underneath stress. In brief, Stacey Abrams.

ABRAMS: Nicely, I attempt to emulate my characters, and I attempt to have my characters mirror who I’m.

MORIARTY: Guaranteeing that proper to vote might sometime assist Abrams obtain her best dream: working for president.

ABRAMS: Do I maintain it as an ambition? Completely. And much more importantly, when somebody asks me if that’s my ambition, I’ve a duty to say sure for each younger girl, each individual of coloration, each younger individual of coloration who sees me and decides what they’re able to primarily based on what I believe I’m able to. Once more, it’s about you can’t have these belongings you refuse to dream of.

MORIARTY: With Georgia, Florida, and most lately Texas, passing legal guidelines that restrict voting, Abrams is increasing Honest Struggle’s efforts across the nation. She has a digital guide tour plan for her new novel and, in fact, extra books to write down, which leaves little time for anything. How do you have got any time for a private life?

ABRAMS: Nicely, let’s be clear. So Honest Struggle, there’s additionally the Southern Financial Development Mission, there’s Honest Rely, there’s writing —

MORIARTY: You’re making my level for me. You’re making my level!

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “It should be good to be a liberal Democrat, really easy to get a pleasant profile from a serious media outlet selling your political ambitions. Moriarty is clearly a private admirer as she poured on the effusive reward, heralding Abrams for the way she has ‘completed a lot,’ citing her ‘many abilities,’ and touting her as ‘good and gutsy.’ CBS by no means needed to establish her as a liberal or a Democrat. With that sort of pleasure about her from a journalist, viewers knew she couldn’t be anything.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ Might 3: Liberal Media Scream: MSNBC declares black Sen. Tim Scott a race traitor

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream featured a racist assault by a black MSNBC host on South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, additionally black, after he rebutted President Joe Biden’s joint session speech to declaring that America will not be racist.

Main the cable community’s assault was host Tiffany Cross, who denigrated Scott for having the gall to dispute the liberal line that America is racist.

She rolled out each racist phrase she might. Cross referred to as Scott “a stone idiot,” “slow-witted,” “a token,” and referred to as his factors “asinine,” all earlier than the very low blow that Harriet Tubman would have left Scott “behind.”

Cross, nevertheless, didn’t have an issue when Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris agreed america is “not a racist nation.”

From Saturday’s The Cross Connection on MSNBC:

Tiffany Cross: “This week, the only black Republican within the Senate sounded a stone idiot when he stated this.”

Scott, within the Republican response to Biden’s handle to a joint session of Congress: “Hear me clearly, America will not be a racist nation.”

Cross: “OK. Let’s be clear. Tim Scott doesn’t signify any constituency aside from the small variety of sleepy, slow-witted victims of Stockholm syndrome who get elevated to prominence for repeating a false narrative about this nation that makes conservative white individuals really feel snug as a result of whenever you communicate an uncomfortable fact, like Nikole Hannah-Jones, the occasion that Scott claims will not be racist will get huge mad and tries to silence you. Simply this week, Senate Minority Chief Mitch McConnell requested Training Secretary Miguel Cardona to scrap educating the 1619 Mission in colleges as a result of it will ‘reorient the view of American historical past.’ Fortunate for McConnell, he has his personal faucet dancer to attempt to reorient the view of America for him.”

“There have been so many contradictions within the senator’s speech that it was clear not even Scott believed the phrases he was talking. I might go into element refuting every of his asinine factors, however he did that for me, and furthermore, a lesson I’ve discovered, don’t argue with individuals Harriet Tubman would have left behind. And positive, Tim Scott has spoken out about his encounters with legislation enforcement, and he co-sponsored the anti-lynching invoice within the Senate, however there are two sides to each token. So thirsty for white approval, this dude truly stood on the nationwide stage to defend the voter suppression legislation in Georgia although, as of final month, 361 payments have been being launched in 47 states to maintain individuals who appear to be him out of the poll field.

“The power to disgrace the ancestors and appease the oppressors multi functional speech, that’s excessive, although not fairly just like the home violent extremism that the Division of Homeland Safety is investigating inside its personal ranks, thoughts you. However please, senator, say extra about how un-racist the nation is whilst you trot out that drained line about going from cotton to Congress to clown. Maybe this was merely Sen. Scott’s audition to be Sam Jackson’s understudy within the movie Django as a result of, as a descendant of the enslaved and rattling close to a day by day survivor of institutional racism, I can guarantee you the query, ‘is America a racist nation?’, is one which has been requested and answered many instances over.

“But we nonetheless love America. Not for what it was, however for what it may very well be. On this one, you’re not solely on the unsuitable aspect of the aisle, Sen. Scott, however you’re embarrassingly on the unsuitable aspect of historical past, as effectively.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “The 5 scream scale is probably not ample for this one. What a disgusting, hate-filled commentary full of non-public invective, excoriating a U.S. senator as some form of race traitor for daring to deviate from the left-wing line on how America is a racist nation and anybody who’s black should not stray from particular insurance policies advocated by the Democratic occasion. Cross reveals how scared liberals are of opposite views, pouncing to silence any divergence from the left’s race orthodoxy earlier than it will possibly get any consideration.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ April 26: Liberal Media Scream: DeSantis should be high canine the best way media bark at him

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream reveals the newest proof that the media view rising Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis as an enormous menace.

The identical group that likes to stay “Hate Has No Dwelling Right here” posters of their entrance yard has pulled out each nasty identify and reference they’ll to belittle his enhancements within the state, which continues to see hoards shifting there from the north.

The newest: He’s the reincarnation of former Alabama segregationist Gov. George Wallace.

On MSNBC late final week, anchor Pleasure Reid went on a rant attempting to discredit DeSantis as a Wallace-inspired racist for signing a invoice to carry rioters accountable for damages and hurt to others. “It feels so George Wallace that I’m shocked that George Wallace didn’t truly consider it again when he was governor of Alabama,” she stated.

After a visitor from Black Lives Matter declared, “That is straight out of the Jim Crow textbook,” and that “white supremacy is scared to loss of life of us,” Reid stated, “DeSantis seems to essentially wish to reenact the complete George Wallace historical past. I assume he desires to be the modern-day George Wallace, as a result of he’s enacting a slew of legal guidelines that basically attempt to make it unlawful to protest within the state of Florida.”

One thing they didn’t spotlight: Wallace was a Democrat who pursued segregationist insurance policies, as others in his occasion had. He was common sufficient that within the 1972 Democratic presidential primaries, he misplaced to George McGovern by simply 2 factors within the common vote. He gained the Maryland and Michigan primaries, amongst others, regardless of being shot in an assassination try.

From the Thursday, April 22 The ReidOut on MSNBC:

JOY REID: , Brittany, this feels prefer it’s directed at y’all. That is directed at Black Lives Matter. It feels so George Wallace that I’m shocked that George Wallace didn’t truly consider it again when he was governor of Alabama.

BRITTANY PACKNETT CUNNINGHAM, BLM ACTIVIST: Oh, that is straight out of the Jim Crow textbook, and let’s contextualize Jim Crow, lets? When black individuals received extra free, there have been new legal guidelines created to make us much less free. That is precisely what is going on proper now. What this truly reveals me, Pleasure, is that white supremacy is scared to loss of life of us, and it completely needs to be. That is what you do whenever you can not win honest and sq.. You suppress votes, and also you suppress voice. So, we have now to concentrate right here, as a result of the GOP performs the lengthy recreation, they usually play the expansive recreation. They plan far upfront. They gerrymander states in order that they’ll management statehouses, after which, they use all of that energy to take care of their energy and suppress us from a number of angles. So, then they make it unlawful to have interaction within the two most democratic practices you bought on this nation, they usually ensure to focus on black people once they do it. That method, amongst different issues, you may leverage the police that you simply’ve militarized to guard your programs and to proceed to terrorize us. So, it’s our job to maintain them on the ropes, as a result of that is what desperation seems to be like, and I would like them to remain determined. They know the way highly effective we’re. That’s why we’re seeing this.

REID: , Rep. [Anna] Eskamani, the racist Miami sheriff who coined the time period ‘When the looting begins, the taking pictures begins’ was from South Florida. Donald Trump then turns round and quotes him. Ron DeSantis seems to essentially wish to reenact the complete George Wallace historical past. I assume he desires to be the modern-day George Wallace, as a result of he’s enacting a slew of legal guidelines that basically attempt to make it unlawful to protest within the state of Florida, unlawful to the touch their treasured Accomplice statues from the dropping aspect of the Civil Battle, proper? However then we can also’t vote. That is Jim Crow in your state. What can Democrats do about it?

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Reid way back misplaced any pretense of being a journalist and is now only a left-wing political activist devoted to smearing and discrediting conservative politicians, particularly rising leaders like DeSantis who dare acquire traction on the Proper by going towards the woke far-left political narrative. She’s returned to her political roots. She labored for Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential marketing campaign. Now, she’s engaged on behalf of the complete Democratic Social gathering to abet its most radical parts.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams

 

■ April 19: No Liberal Media Scream this week

 

■ April 12: Liberal Media Scream: Smug shrugs from 60 Minutes on DeSantis hit job

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream turns to the sloppy 60 Minutes report final week on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and the TV information journal’s smug refusal to confess its reporting and modifying failures in a narrative a Washington Put up media critic referred to as “a plume of innuendo.”

Below hearth for every week for suggesting the governor was in a “pay to play” scandal it by no means proved, 60 Minutes as an alternative supplied a giant “no matter” in response to critics.

At challenge was a narrative two Sundays again by correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi, who recommended DeSantis partnered with Florida’s Publix supermarkets to present COVID-19 photographs after dishing contributions to him.

He denied the costs, however a lot of his rationalization was edited out of the story, and media critics stated that the reporter made her case poorly. DeSantis referred to as the story a “huge lie.”

Final evening, on the finish of the present, when letters are typically learn, Alfonsi didn’t pull again her story and as an alternative learn excerpts from three letters, beginning with how “some viewers, together with a retired newsman, applauded the story.”

She moved on to a lady who denounced CBS’s “shameful biased reporting,” then ended with a cutesy problem from a person who wrote, “I’ll solely watch” the present “yet another time. Simply to see in case you broadcast this message.”

From the conclusion of the April 11 60 Minutes:

Sharyn Alfonsi: “Within the mail this week, feedback on our story about disparities within the distribution of COVID-19 vaccine in Palm Seashore County, Florida. Viewers targeted on an alternate with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis at a press convention. Some viewers, together with a retired newsman, applauded the story.”

Studying a letter from Nick Boryack of Vero Seashore, Florida: “Ron DeSantis will proceed to disclaim, refute, name your reporting a witch hunt. I can solely hope that you simply proceed to research and expose the reality.”

Alfonsi: “However many extra feedback condemned our modifying and reporting.”

Studying a letter from Amy Ernest of Houston, Texas: “Shameful biased reporting – that’s what you might be responsible of. You’re now not journalists, however lobbyists and advocates.”

Alfonsi: “Then there was this:”

Alfonsi studying a letter from David Plewes of Lighthouse Level, Florida: “I’ve watched 60 Minutes for many years. After your biased piece on Governor DeSantis, I’ll solely watch it yet another time. Simply to see in case you broadcast this message.”

Alfonsi: “I’m Sharyn Alfonsi. We’ll be again subsequent week with one other version of 60 Minutes.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “A really distinguished instance of how the information media refuse to carry themselves accountable which supplies extra contemporary proof for why anybody proper of heart has no purpose to ever belief journalists to be honest to a conservative elected official. After every week wherein Democrats, and even liberal media observers, condemned 60 Minutes for a distorted story, the present did not admit its misdeeds or retract the story. As an alternative, they dug in, downgrading accountability to studying a couple of random viewer feedback.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ April 5: Liberal Media Scream: PBS’s Yamiche Alcindor connects Georgia voting to George Floyd trial

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream reveals the lockstep reactionaryism to Georgia’s new election reform legislation that really expands some voting protections — however is outwardly too tough for critics to learn.

The checklist of these blasting it as racist is lengthy, however we function PBS’s Yamiche Alcindor as a result of she took it one other step and tied it to the homicide trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, who has been charged within the loss of life of George Floyd.

“Watching this [Chauvin] trial and watching what’s occurring in Georgia, they completely join,” she stated throughout Meet the Press on Sunday.

The Georgia legislation has divided partisans, particularly company America’s response, together with MLB’s determination final week to maneuver the annual All-Star Recreation out of Atlanta in protest. On the identical time, some information retailers have began to check the brand new legislation extra and located much less to complain about whereas noting that a number of different states have a lot stricter election guidelines.

From the present:

Yamiche Alcindor: “Nicely, the Chauvin trial, and that homicide trial within the loss of life of George Floyd, is linked to voting rights as a result of, on the finish of the day, it’s about how African Individuals and whether or not African Individuals are allowed to outlive and thrive in America and are in a position to have entry to the ideas that America holds up as close to and pricey. And that, in fact, is democracy. Nevertheless it’s additionally your potential to pursue happiness and to not have an officer kneel in your neck for 9 minutes and 29 seconds. Watching this trial and watching what’s occurring in Georgia, they completely join.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Alcindor displayed the all too typical angle of journalists who don’t see something unsuitable with presuming advocates of constructing voting safer are not any totally different than enforcers of ‘Jim Crow’ or, as she charged, are against letting African Individuals ‘survive’ in America. Linking Georgia, which truly expanded voting entry in a number of methods, to a homicide trial is an outrage and reveals Alcindor is extra a far-left political advocate, who stirs up racial animosities to advance a trigger, than any sort of dispassionate journalist.”

Score: FIVE out of FIVE screams.

 

■ March 29: Liberal Media Scream: ‘Unhappy however true,’ Pleasure Reid agrees GOP would make Jesus endure

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream has an Easter and election angle, but it surely’s not very uplifting.

It includes a well-known Georgetown College professor condemning GOP election reform efforts in states corresponding to Georgia and suggesting that the occasion is so racist and imply it will “cross a legislation to maintain Jesus from getting a cup of water whereas he is dying on the cross.”

And, in fact, it led to Pleasure Reid, host of her present The ReidOut, agreeing with Professor Michael Eric Dyson.

The feedback got here whereas the nation is in a heated debate over election reform, with the GOP heading to tightening poll entry and Democrats shifting to open it as much as a nationwide mail-in system.

Reid’s present targeted on condemning the GOP, and Dyson stated Republican efforts like these in Georgia are going additional than outdated segregationist Jim Crow legal guidelines. “The true faith, the true politics in America is whiteness and whiteness unhinged,” he stated.

Dyson on the Friday version of The ReidOut:

“I imply, President Biden is correct. That is Jim Crow, that is Jane Crow …The true faith, the true politics in America, is whiteness and whiteness unhinged … I believe he’s considering it critically when he sees the implications. What he must do is fill these busters with some worry of the federal government. These are the type of people that would cross a legislation to maintain Jesus from getting a cup of water whereas he is dying on the cross.”

Reid agreed: “Unhappy however true.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “A cute-sounding quip however with a tough edge simply earlier than Palm Sunday as MSNBC determined to showcase Dyson, a person who all the time sees racial animus motivating conservatives. It’s all a part of the far-left/information media joint effort to smear as racist anybody eager about holding the voting system sincere, thus discrediting their considerations with out having to deal with their substance.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ March 22: Liberal Media Scream: Seth Meyers rants towards rural whites, Structure

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream steps outdoors the same old lane of indignant information media figures to NBC’s Late Night time present hosted by Seth Meyers and his 15-minute rant for H.R. 1, the “For the Folks Act” election legislation, and towards the filibuster.

His was a sweeping condemnation of Republicans, rural Individuals, whites, and the Founding Fathers.

He opened Thursday by charging that the electoral system is “closely tilted towards a minority of voters which might be predominately white and rural, thanks largely to anti-majoritarian establishments just like the Electoral Faculty and the Senate.” He cited new Georgia Sen. Raphael Warnock’s “impassioned speech in favor of sweeping voting reforms” and accused Republicans of pushing Jim Crow-style election modifications.

“Republicans tried to steal the final election by the courts. That didn’t work, so now they’re attempting to steal the subsequent election by voter suppression. Nuking or altering the filibuster to cease them is an ethical necessity,” he urged in his “Nearer Look” section:

A number of the lowlights:

“Our democracy as presently constituted is solely not a stage taking part in subject. The truth is, it’s arguably by no means been a stage taking part in subject, it’s closely tilted towards a minority of voters which might be predominately white and rural, thanks largely to anti-majoritarian establishments just like the Electoral Faculty and the Senate. Simply think about that proper now the Senate is evenly cut up 50-50 and but the 50 Senate Democrats signify almost 42 million extra Individuals than the 50 Senate Republicans. For instance, Wyoming with a inhabitants of about 580,000 individuals, has two senators. And New York additionally has two senators, although there are 580,000 individuals simply on my co-op board. …

“I imply, simply think about the scope of how closely tilted our democratic establishments are towards Republicans. They’ve solely gained the favored vote as soon as within the final 32 years, but, they’ve appointed a majority of Supreme Court docket justices, they’ve misplaced the favored vote by almost Three million. In 2016, misplaced the Home by the most important margin since Watergate in 2018, misplaced two Senate seats in traditionally pink Georgia this yr, and but, Mitch McConnell nonetheless principally will get a veto over what the Senate can or can not cross. The one method the Senate can get something executed proper now could be by a course of referred to as funds reconciliation, which has extra guidelines than a Manhattan parking signal. …

“Warnock delivered an impassioned speech in favor of sweeping voting reforms, and he famous that the GOP assault on voting rights is probably the most ferocious assault on democracy because the period of Jim Crow.”

[Sen. Raphael Warnock: “We are witnessing right now a massive and unabashed assault on voting rights, unlike anything we’ve ever seen since the Jim Crow era. This is Jim Crow in new clothes.”]

“He’s proper. And the garments aren’t even good. I imply, take a look at this [picture of Trump], it seems to be like he was thrown bare within the dumpster behind a Palm Seashore pro-shop, and given 5 minutes to select an outfit. It’s a very good Halloween costume if you wish to go as a misplaced grandpa at Disney World. Warnock was on the ground particularly to name for Senate passage of H.R. 1, a sweeping package deal of pressing voting reforms handed by the Home which might be desperately wanted to stage what’s presently a really lopsided taking part in subject. H.R. 1 would fight nearly each GOP voter suppression tactic by, amongst different issues, mandating nationwide early voting and no-excuse mail voting, instituting computerized and same-day voter registration, implementing public financing of elections, and banning congressional gerrymandering, amongst different issues. It’s additionally extremely common in polls, even among the many majority of Republican voters. So, naturally, Republican politicians are dropping their minds over it. …

“Republicans tried to steal the final election by the courts. That didn’t work, so now they’re attempting to steal the subsequent election by voter suppression. Nuking or altering the filibuster to cease them is an ethical necessity. We badly want sweeping reforms to make our democracy a stage taking part in subject.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Meyers’s argument needs to be with the founders, not present-day Republicans. He’s upset that our constitutional system, with two senators from each state, is inhibiting the enactment of left-wing insurance policies, as if the Senate make-up is one thing new. He’s upset by Wyoming however ignores how the subsequent least-populous state, Vermont, has a socialist and a left-wing Democrat for senators. H.R. 1 needs to be generally known as the ‘Allow Unlawful Voting Act,’ because it’s a grab-bag of left-wing insurance policies geared toward making it simple for Democrats to get votes from these not certified to vote. The actual fact Meyers is so enthusiastic about it demonstrates he’s a left-wing Democratic activist first, a comic a distant second.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ March 15: Liberal Media Scream: Meet the Press blames Trump for Cuomo refusing to stop

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options the newest model of “Trump Derangement Syndrome,” this time on NBC’s Meet the Press.

Discussing embattled New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s refusal to step down over a few scandals, the tag staff of host Chuck Todd and visitor John Heilemann blamed Trump, suggesting that he set the “precedent” for refusing to stop when pressed by critics.

“He’s following what’s seen now because the Trump precedent,” stated Heilemann of Cuomo.

Todd turned on conservatives, calling them “enthusiastic about Cuomo’s downfall” when it’s been Democrats on the highest ranges calling the liberal governor to stop over COVID-19 and intercourse scandals.

From the roundtable on Sunday’s Meet the Press:

John Heilemann: “I believe, you recognize, that the opposite factor that’s true is Cuomo is completely dug in. I believe the chance of Cuomo resigning is near zero. And I believe, you recognize, he’s following proper now — uncomfortably for lots of Democrats — he’s following what’s seen now because the Trump precedent. , in case you are decided sufficient, you might be shameless sufficient, you may maintain on.

“And so the query then simply turns into: Does he truly get impeached, does he truly get thrown out? And I believe that’s going to be — a big query round that’s going to be what further proof comes out over the approaching — possibly sufficient now, however there’s going to be a big query of what else unfolds over the subsequent couple weeks.”

Chuck Todd: “It does really feel like he’s forcing that. I’m glad you introduced up Trump there a minute, John. Lanhee [Chen], I would like you to reply on one thing Tim Miller wrote within the Bulwark. He stated, ‘Dunking on Cuomo’s demise requires admitting that the opposite occasion has requirements and lays naked, as soon as once more, the cravenness of the excuse-making for Trump that saved the lights on for the previous 5 years.’ There’s plenty of conservative media, acolytes, and propagandists which might be very enthusiastic about Cuomo’s downfall, however they appear to not be very self-reflective.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Trump Derangement Syndrome lives on, particularly with these within the media nonetheless upset Trump’s private foibles didn’t undermine help amongst his followers. Heilemann and Todd can’t recover from their contempt for Trump and so nonetheless wish to scold his supporters for hypocrisy with out seeing any in themselves in cueing up a ‘Trump precedent’ to rationalize misbehavior by a liberal Democrat.”

Scream ranking: THREE out of FIVE Screams.

 

■ March 8: Liberal Media Scream: CNN anchor says Republicans don’t really feel ‘ache’ of individuals

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream takes a take a look at the in a single day bias on CNN, and it’s a doozy.

Based on CNN in a single day anchor Rosemary Church, Republicans are callous and heartless and may’t really feel the ache of these they signify. It reminded us of once they used to name CNN the “Clinton Information Community” for its supportive protection of the president who famously stated in his 1992 marketing campaign, “I really feel your ache.”

The feedback got here after Senate Republicans balked at approving the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 spending invoice that the GOP stated spends little or no on quick coronavirus points.

Interviewing Ron Brownstein of the Atlantic, Church noticed urgency in advancing the Biden agenda.

The primary two inquiries to Brownstein from the Atlanta-based anchor for CNN Worldwide within the Three a.m. hour of CNN Newsroom Stay simulcast on the home aspect:

“So President Biden’s COVID reduction package deal cleared the Senate with none Republican help Saturday. Now it’s heading again to the Home for a vote Tuesday. How seemingly is it that it’s going to cross this week? And the way crucial is it that this will get executed and executed quick?”

“How does all of this search for Republicans who didn’t get on board with serving to individuals? They don’t really feel a lot of the ache that different Individuals are feeling throughout this pandemic, to allow them to’t start to know what individuals are going by. How a lot of a barrier is that disconnect for a celebration already scuffling with its personal id?”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Church completely encapsulates the presumptions of so many journalists who assume it’s past dispute that anybody who opposes an enormous new spending invoice is an out-of-touch and uncaring lout, that anybody who disagrees with their outlook has crass motives unfit of consideration. It’s the sort of embedded bias which infuriates everybody proper of heart, however can’t be acknowledged by journalists like Church who’re blind to their very own bias.”

Scream ranking: FOUR out of FIVE Screams.

 

■ March 1: Liberal Media Scream: MSNBC’s Ali Velshi says racism defines America

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options MSNBC host Ali Velshi condemning America as racist ceaselessly.

“Racism is one thing that has outlined america since its very founding,” stated the Kenyan-born former Canadian journalist on his present Velshi.

His feedback got here in introducing writer Heather McGhee on to speak about her guide on racism. In his intro, he stated American whites are so racist that they may damage their very own financial future to cease blacks.

McGhee, writer of The Sum of Us: What Racism Prices Everybody and How We Can Prosper Collectively, agreed and supplied Obamacare for example of whites being racially pushed to oppose a useful program as a result of it was proposed by a black president.

From Saturday morning’s Velshi on MSNBC:

Ali Velshi: “Racism is one thing that has outlined america since its very founding. The truth is, it infects almost all aspects of American life, like healthcare, about which we simply heard. Nevertheless it additionally impacts our politics and our economics. The false perception that progress and prosperity for individuals of coloration comes on the expense of white individuals has helped prop up racist programs for generations. This zero-sum idea is what writer Heather McGhee tackles in her new guide, ‘The Sum of Us: What Racism Prices Everybody and How We Can Prosper Collectively.’ In it, she examines the self-destructive cut price of white supremacy and the way a lot we’ve misplaced economically as a rustic because of racism when it comes to a greenback quantity.

“One of many issues that appeals to me about your guide is the dialogue that you’ve got about how individuals, typically white individuals or individuals who have energy and privilege in society, typically make selections that aren’t of their financial pursuits or work towards their very own prosperity as a result of they really feel like giving different individuals, on this case, black individuals, sure rights and privileges will take away a few of their very own.”

Heather McGhee: “That’s precisely proper. I imply, to remain on the difficulty of healthcare, which you’ve got coated so effectively, Ali, you recognize, white individuals are truly the most important group of the uninsured, and but, ever because the Inexpensive Care Act was signed by our first black president, nearly all of white individuals have disapproved of the beautiful modest thought that’s Obamacare, and there’s an enormous correlation between racial resentment towards black individuals and the southern, typically, states and likewise Maine, which is the whitest state within the nation, refusal to increase Medicaid underneath Obamacare. So it’s this concept that authorities is on the aspect of individuals of coloration, and that’s the reason there’s such a fierce anti-government skepticism and suspicion among the many majority of white voters — nearly all of white voters who’ve voted for the Republican Social gathering for president, I’ll remind you, ever since Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “As individuals obsessed by race, Velshi and McGhee lack self-awareness in attributing racism to these with a unique viewpoint. It’s unattainable to have a rational coverage dialogue when so many liberals within the media hurl racism accusations in any respect these of 1 race who don’t purchase into the liberal agenda, as if they can’t have a logical purpose for opposing the coverage aside from their presumed racism. It’s very harmful politics.”

Score: FOUR out of FIVE screams.

 

■ February 22: Liberal Media Scream: Liberals rush to dump on Rush Limbaugh

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream takes word of the loss of life of conservative speak radio icon Rush Limbaugh, who influenced many and even pushed some, notably former Vice President Mike Pence, to leap into politics.

Buddies and allies have been effusive of their reward.

So too was the hate from his foes, too many to checklist right here. However for example, we function former New York Occasions media reporter Invoice Carter who disparaged Florida’s plans to honor the long-time resident.

Showing on CNN’s Dependable Sources, Carter, now a “media analyst” for CNN, contended Limbaugh didn’t deserve the eye given him by Gov. Ron DeSantis, who plans to decrease the state flag.

After host Brian Stelter requested him concerning the plan by DeSantis, Carter stated:

“Nicely, it’s sort of surprising as a result of, I imply, to begin with, you recognize the governor of Florida is simply taking part in for conservative consideration in doing that. However the justification is absolutely questionable.

“I imply, look, Limbaugh had an enormous following, and it was very talked-about amongst, you recognize, a gaggle of right-wing listeners. However he wasn’t a heroic determine. I imply, he had plenty of incidents that have been extraordinarily questionable, and his views have been fairly ugly, they usually damage lots of people. They damage some individuals personally.

“And I believe – you recognize, there have been an terrible lot of people who find themselves justifiably saying why are you celebrating a man who attacked Barack Obama on race, who sang ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ and all types of extraordinarily outrageous issues that, frankly, the conservatives beloved. They beloved him for that. And he established the model. He did. That was a model. However to make it a heroic factor or one thing that needs to be celebrated like, you recognize, a warfare hero, I discover that fairly questionable.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Fairly normal liberal ‘standard knowledge’ right here from Carter, and that’s the frustration. You’d hope a reporter with a profession protecting the media might rise above simply passing alongside liberal bromides and, no less than within the days after his passing, would supply one thing optimistic a few man who earned the loyalty of tens of millions for greater than thirty years and impressed generations of Individuals about the advantages of conservative coverage options.”

Score: Three out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ February 15: Liberal Media Scream: CNN’s Don Lemon goes there and blames ‘horrible Reagan’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options ranting CNN host Don Lemon tying all the pieces he doesn’t wish to one of the vital common presidents in United States historical past: Ronald Reagan.

“Reagan was horrible,” stated Lemon, who recommended that the Republican’s two-term presidency paved the best way for the Capitol riots.

Shouting over fellow CNN host Chris Cuomo, Lemon stated Republicans are additionally unhealthy for respecting Reagan.

“They maintain him as much as a gold normal. If you take a look at what he truly completed, he didn’t,” he stated.

From the Thursday, Feb. 11 CNN Tonight, throughout the handoff from Chris Cuomo’s 9 p.m. present to Lemon’s 10 p.m. present:

CHRIS CUOMO: Reagan and Bush Republicans have been nothing like these guys.

DON LEMON: I don’t learn about that.

CUOMO: Simply the difficulty of immigration. Have a look at how Reagan and George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush talked about immigration.

LEMON: Reagan was the primary presidential election that I voted in. And hear, … I’m simply saying that individuals maintain him as much as be — Reagan was not excellent. Reagan was horrible when it got here to—

CUOMO: Excellent? He gave us one of many greatest deficits we’ve ever seen, and he completely fed the divide.

LEMON: That is what I imply. They all the time maintain him up as a gold normal. However whenever you take a look at what he truly completed, he didn’t. He was horrible when it got here to racial points. He was horrible when it got here to the AIDS disaster. He was horrible when it got here to uniting the nation. He didn’t unite the nation — he was a divider. And they also maintain him up as a gold normal. … I simply suppose it’s levels, however I believe the Republican Social gathering has been shifting on this course ceaselessly.

Once more, they’re the occasion of all the pieces that they’re attempting to fake that they’re not. Now saying, “The individuals within the Capitol, that’s not us.” Sure, it’s you! “The folks that have been in Charlottesville, that’s not us.” Sure, it’s you! These individuals are not marching for Democrats. And this entire bizarre factor that they preserve saying, “What concerning the riots and the demonstration that occurred this summer time?” That’s apples and oranges. To begin with, the demonstrations, the protests have been for one thing that’s actual. It was for inequality. It was for police brutality. It was for all these issues. It was individuals who have been rising up for his or her rights. What occurred on the Capitol was constructed on a lie.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President for Analysis and Publications Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Such disdain for the late former president, who’s a hero to conservatives and an inspiration to many oppressed by communism world wide, reveals the baselessness of the widespread media line that they needed to be hostile to Donald Trump as a result of he posed a brand new sort of harmful and racist menace to democracy and all that’s good about america. If Lemon had a CNN present within the 1980s he would have been simply as hostile to Reagan, calling him a racist evening after evening, as he was and is to Trump. Conservative presidents come and go, however the media contempt for them by no means wavers.”

Score: Four out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ February 8: Liberal Media Scream: Reporter decries ‘ex-boyfriend…abuse’ from Group Trump

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream had plenty of decisions from reporters by no means happier than to have a brand new administration that thinks like they do to report on.

However just one expressed the reduction she felt in attending to cowl the Democratic Biden administration after the “unhealthy ex-boyfriend” abuse she felt coping with Group Trump.

On CNN on Sunday, Yahoo Information White Home correspondent Brittany Shepherd got here down onerous on former Trump press secretary Kayleigh McEnany. She in contrast McEnany’s White Home briefings to “having a extremely unhealthy ex-boyfriend. We have been getting basically abused by Kayleigh for thus lengthy.”

And worse, she charged that McEnany incited individuals to “go to lethal ends for some individuals with loss of life threats.”

However now, with spokeswoman Jen Psaki, “It’s very refreshing.”

Shepherd on CNN’s Dependable Sources:

“It’s been actually refreshing to have briefings every single day and to even know who the senior officers speaking to Biden are. We weren’t getting that in any of the Trump years, particularly in these waning days of the McEnany briefings.

“And it’s refreshing, I do sort of put it in direction of like having a extremely unhealthy ex-boyfriend. We have been getting basically abused by Kayleigh for thus lengthy, or no less than she was calling us faux information and inciting her followers and followers of the president to not solely harass us on-line however clearly go to lethal ends for some individuals with loss of life threats.

“Now, we have now Jen and the complete Biden staff. It’s very refreshing. Nevertheless it’s essential to do not forget that the bar has actually been left on the ground, and simply with the ability to present up and clear it isn’t sufficient.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Shepherd exemplifies the hostility the White Home press corps had towards Kayleigh McEnany and all issues Trump, mixed with their keen embrace of the brand new administration, fast to hail Biden’s press staff as ‘very refreshing.’ It’s as if Shepherd simply received a job switch from an workplace full of individuals she finds disreputable to a brand new workplace full of people that encourage her.”

Score: Three out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ February 1: Liberal Media Scream: New excessive in CNN bias, blames GOP for ‘divided America’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream includes a new excessive within the anti-GOP bias proven by CNN, this time blaming the political divide on the Tea Social gathering, Sarah Palin, Roger Ailes, Fox Information, former Home Speaker Newt Gingrich, and, in fact, former President Donald Trump.

Over one hour final evening, Fareed Zakaria pointed a giant finger on the GOP in his particular, The Divided States of America: What Is Tearing Us Aside? Again and again, the reply was boiled right down to Republicans. And if that wasn’t sufficient, Republicans have been typically described as racists.

Zakaria stated, “When students frolicked with Tea Social gathering activists, they discovered that behind the speak of taxes and massive authorities have been individuals principally motivated by fears about race and immigration.”

He moved on to how Ailes “turned his channel right into a right-wing bull horn, blurring details and opinion like by no means earlier than.”

He added, “Trump had a job mannequin for his exploitation of the category divide: Sarah Palin, who did it first.”

His remaining goal was Gingrich: “Earlier than there was a Donald Trump, there was a Republican pioneer who paved the best way for the Trump model of harmful politics. … His legacy has been each darkish and far-reaching — a everlasting state of warfare between the events.”

Some excerpts from CNN’s The Divided States of America: What’s Tearing Us Aside? which aired Sunday evening, Jan. 31:

FAREED ZAKARIA: When students frolicked with Tea Social gathering activists, they discovered behind the speak of taxes and massive authorities have been individuals principally motivated by fears about race and immigration.

JON MEACHAM: The individuals who have been most radicalized by the Trump years believed that range was an thought, not a vivid actuality.

ZAKARIA: In 1950, the yr our political events have been stated to be too related, the nation was about 90% white. Now in 2021, as we face an existential disaster of political division, America is about 59% white.

MEACHAM: We live in probably the most vivid manifestation of the politics of worry in our historical past. That’s the place we are actually.

ZAKARIA: Ailes grew to become the go-to right-wing media strategist of the 1980s, notorious for his vicious assaults.

TV AD NARRATOR: As Gov. Michael Dukakis gave weekend furloughs to first-degree murderers.

ZAKARIA: In 1996, Ailes discovered his future when billionaire Rupert Murdoch got here calling. The correct wing’s favourite hatchet man was now creating a brand new information community. The outdated, mainstream media cartel had splintered.

BRIT HUME, IN OLD FNC PROMO: Lately, individuals suppose TV information is about as unbiased because the commercials.

ZAKARIA: On cable, each channel wanted to search out its personal slice of the viewers. Ailes turned his channel right into a right-wing bull horn, blurring details and opinion like by no means earlier than. Huge scores and earnings quickly adopted.

ZAKARIA: Donald Trump had a job mannequin for his exploitation of the category divide: Sarah Palin, who did it first. When America’s hockey mother grew to become John McCain’s working mate in 2008 —

SARAH PALIN, FORMER REPUBLICAN ALASKA GOVERNOR: They are saying the distinction between a hockey mother and a pit bull: lipstick.

ZAKARIA: She leaned closely on id politics, on American values and tradition, to rile up her base.

PALIN: I’m not a member of the everlasting political institution.

ZAKARIA: Her model of America, speaking about the true America, saying, ‘I’m considered one of you,’ was the precursor of Trump’s warfare on elites.

GEORGE PACKER: Sarah Palin, who I consider as John the Baptist to Trump, she was the one who got here first.

DONALD TRUMP: Governor Sarah Palin.

ZAKARIA: However earlier than there was a Donald Trump, there was a Republican pioneer who paved the best way for the Trump model of harmful politics.

NEWT GINGRICH, FORMER REPUBLICAN HOUSE SPEAKER: I’m a real revolutionary. They’re the real reactionaries. We’re going to change their world.

ZAKARIA: That is the story of Newt Gingrich, the person who wrote the playbook for the fashionable conservative motion. … It was a really totally different time in politics when civility and compromise mattered. Home Republican Chief Bob Michael was broadly generally known as Mr. Good Man. Think about that.

VAN JONES: Newt Gingrich is available in with a buzz noticed.

GINGRICH: What we live by is a basic civil wrestle, a civil warfare fought in public speeches relatively than with armies.

ZAKARIA: The Gingrich philosophy: The one method for Republicans to win again energy was to be nasty — actually nasty.

GINGRICH: For the Democrats to principally say not solely are we going to rape you however you need to pay for the lodge room is a bit a lot.

ZAKARIA: To deal with Democrats not as opponents however the enemy. … His legacy has been each darkish and far-reaching — a everlasting state of warfare between the events.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Fairly a pretentious feat by CNN and Zakaria in managing guilty all the nation’s ills on the tone of the rhetoric from conservative political figures, as if liberals are innocent for political divisiveness. By selecting guilty just one aspect, CNN and Zakaria are exacerbating the very drawback they declare to be attempting to diagnose.”

Score: 5 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 25: Liberal Media Scream: Nuremberg trial for Trump?

(Washington Examiner submit)

You’d suppose they’d be pleased to maneuver on, however this week’s Liberal Media Scream options an ABC Information analyst calling for the second impeachment trial within the Senate of former President Donald Trump to be extra of a fact and accountability fee course of.

“To me, the impeachment — we have now to separate the elements of the impeachment vote. I imply, different international locations have gone by this earlier than, Germany, Japan, South Africa, and the factor earlier than you get to reconciliation and therapeutic, you need to have some ingredient of fact and accountability on this,” stated Matthew Dowd.

What occurred in these international locations? South Africa arrange the Fact and Reconciliation Fee after the top of apartheid, Japan had the Tokyo Battle Crimes Tribunal after World Battle II, and Germany had the Nuremberg trials.

In calling for a Trump fact tribunal, Dowd recommended that with out one, america may very well be in for a century of political hassle that he in comparison with racism.

Dowd throughout the roundtable on Sunday’s This Week on ABC:

“Nicely, to me, the impeachment — we have now to separate the elements of the impeachment vote. I imply, different international locations have gone by this earlier than, Germany, Japan, South Africa, and the factor earlier than you get to reconciliation and therapeutic, you need to have some ingredient of fact and accountability on this.

“And even apart from these international nation examples, we have now an instance in our nation throughout Reconstruction within the aftermath of the Civil Battle after we went by — we have been alleged to undergo a technique of fact and accountability and altering the character of what went on. And when Abraham Lincoln was killed and Andrew Johnson took over, reconciling — I imply, the concept of forming a factor and demanding fact was stopped. And what did they lead to, George? It resulted on this nation of Jim Crow legal guidelines, it resulted on this nation of the KKK, and it resulted on this nation of 100 years extra of a struggle for justice and fact and equality in our nation.

“And so, we have now to get to a state of affairs the place, sure, let’s have a dialogue of what was the reality, what did Donald Trump do, what needs to be his accountability, and the ultimate stage of that’s: What needs to be his punishment?

“And to me, the one method to try this is to have a dialog within the trial within the Senate the place details and data and information and knowledge is introduced in such a method that the American public can see precisely what went on, what was Donald Trump accountable for, what ought to he held accountable to. After which, in the end, what ought to his punishment be?

“However we must always not do what occurred in Reconstruction. When Reconstruction was ended and we went by this enormous, lengthy, centurylong course of when justice lastly prevailed in the long run. We now have to have an perception into the reality earlier than we get to reconciliation and therapeutic.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “To say something Donald Trump has executed is on par with genocidal regimes, or that he has left the nation in a situation anyplace much like a segregated, race-based two-class system just like the America within the a long time after the Civil Battle, is simply ridiculous. The opposite panelists ought to have laughed at him. Dowd wants his personal accountability session to separate actuality from his overwrought historic comparisons.”

Score: Four out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 18, 2021: Liberal Media Scream: Name to silence conservatives and kick OANN and Newsmax off air

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options CNN offering a platform for a name to take rivals OANN and Newsmax off the air and to additionally rob conservative influencers of social media retailers.

On the heels of Huge Tech kicking the conservative chat web site Parler and firearms web site AR15.com offline, the previous head of safety for Fb and Yahoo stated taking platforms away from conservatives is the results of the election and protests on the U.S. Capitol.

Alex Stamos stated, we “have to show down the potential of those conservative influencers to achieve these enormous audiences” on Fb and YouTube.

“Then we’re going to have to determine the OANN and Newsmax drawback,” urging they be faraway from cable programs. “These firms have freedom of speech, however I’m unsure we’d like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, and such to be bringing them into tens of tens of millions of houses.”

Stamos, on Sunday’s Dependable Sources, the place he appeared with Krebs Stamos Group companion Christopher Krebs, the Trump administration’s former director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Safety Company:

“First, you need to deal with the violent extremists, and people firms should be courageous in that method. And, second, we have now to show down the potential of those conservative influencers to achieve these enormous audiences. There are individuals on YouTube, for instance, which have a bigger daytime — bigger viewers than daytime CNN, and they’re extraordinarily radical and pushing extraordinarily radical views.”

“And, so, it’s as much as the Facebooks and YouTubes, particularly, to consider whether or not or not they wish to be successfully cable networks for disinformation. After which we’re going to have to determine the OANN and Newsmax drawback, you recognize, these firms have freedom of speech, however I’m unsure we’d like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, and such to be bringing them into tens of tens of millions of houses. That is, you recognize, permitting individuals to hunt out data in the event that they actually wish to, however not pushing it into their faces, I believe is the place we’re going to should go right here.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “A really strong sign Huge Tech’s agenda goes past what they wish to painting as benign efforts to close down these advocating violence. Stamos laid out the subsequent step: Use present considerations to justify a wider suppression of conservative voices who’ve allowed area for views these on the Left discover appalling. The reply is extra free speech, not letting a small group of rich Silicon Valley tech leaders abuse their energy to function ‘speech police,’ deciding which views are OK or not with the elite in the mean time.”

Score: Four out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 11, 2021: Liberal Media Scream: CNN desires conservative media squelched in ‘nationwide emergency’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options CNN’s senior media reporter demanding the focusing on of conservative media retailers who ignored their anti-Trump bias in reporting on the president and his administration.

On Sunday’s Dependable Sources, Oliver Darcy demanded conservative information sources be “held accountable,” clearly suggesting that they should be squelched, an growth of the so-called “cancel tradition” imposed with glee by retailers corresponding to Twitter and Fb on conservatives and even President Trump.

He cited Fox Information and “TV suppliers that beam OAN and Newsmax into houses, or Rush Limbaugh. There are lots of people profiting off of lies and conspiracy theories.”

He insisted, “this informational atmosphere” should be “cleaned up.”

Darcy, on the finish of Sunday’s Dependable Sources:

“The story this week was bringing our informational disaster to the forefront. It’s a nationwide emergency. You have got companies and other people which might be profiting off lies and conspiracy theories, whether or not that’s huge tech, whether or not that’s Fox Information, whether or not that’s TV suppliers that beam OAN and Newsmax into houses, or Rush Limbaugh. There are lots of people profiting off of lies and conspiracy theories, and I don’t actually see how issues get higher, how we transfer on as a rustic till this informational atmosphere is cleaned up.”

After host Brian Stelter complained that “Fox Information, the Murdochs, they’re nonetheless enabling these things as a result of they’re obsessing over huge tech bias, that’s what they name it, and attempting to disregard the riot,” Darcy demanded:

“The place are they? They should be held accountable as effectively. We have been speaking lots about individuals like Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz. Rupert Murdoch, Lachlan Murdoch, they should be held accountable for the lies that they’ve peddled to this nation, not solely previously two months concerning the election both, however previously, you recognize, a number of years which have actually introduced this to the forefront.”

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Darcy revealed the true agenda the onerous left inside CNN: Selectively cite the baseless allegations of some on one aspect of the political spectrum to justify shutting down all the most important retailers which permit conservative views to get an airing, silencing these with which Darcy disagrees, thus permitting the general public to solely hear left wing views. An ideal instance of ‘cancel tradition.’”

Score: Four out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

■ January 4, 2021: Liberal Media Scream: Smug Chuck Todd to senator, ‘I’ve Had Sufficient of Listening to This!’

(Washington Examiner submit)

This week’s Liberal Media Scream options NBC’s Chuck Todd, who placed on his most dismissive smirk Sunday to mock Republican Sen. Ron Johnson’s protection of President Trump’s claims of election fraud.

It got here on Todd’s present, Meet the Press, and regardless of speaking over Johnson, a matter-of-fact lawmaker/businessman, the senator stood his floor and informed the host after being badgered, “You have got destroyed the credibility of the information media by your bias.”

When Johnson identified, “This fireplace was began whenever you fully ignored, for instance, our investigation of Hunter Biden,” Todd jumped in: “Senator. All proper, I’ve had sufficient of listening to this!”

In the course of the heated, multi-minute alternate, Todd turned to ridicule when Johnson mentioned investigating Trump’s allegations of voter fraud. “Why didn’t you maintain hearings concerning the 9/11 truthers? There’s loads of individuals who thought 9/11 was an inside job.” And: “How concerning the Moon touchdown? Are you going to carry hearings on that?”

From the Sunday, Jan. 3, Meet the Press:

SEN. RON JOHNSON: Chuck, this hearth was began again in, you recognize, January of 2017. Folks like Mark Zaid in his tweet, ‘The coup has began. First of many steps. Revolt and impeachment to observe in the end.’ This was began when the mainstream media stopped, dropped any pretense of being unbiased and truly selected sides throughout this election. This fireplace was began whenever you fully ignored, for instance, our investigation of Hunter Biden. , no proof of wrongdoing there. And now we discover out after the election, no, there’s a honest quantity of proof to the purpose that we have now an actual FBI investigation. So-

CHUCK TODD: Senator. All proper, I’ve had sufficient of listening to this!

JOHNSON: No, hear. I’ve had sufficient of this, too. It’s the bias of the media.

TODD: No, senator. It’s, you have got spent, you have got spent the final two years —

JOHNSON: It’s the bias within the media that has created a state of affairs the place Republicans and conservatives don’t belief the mainstream media. And that’s what, that’s what has destroyed the credibility of the media and our establishments and actually —

TODD: Proper, no, the destruction of the establishments —

JOHNSON: — shaken confidence on this election consequence. So I didn’t begin this … I didn’t, I didn’t gentle this hearth. This fireplace was lit over 4 years in the past. And we’ve destroyed the credibility, you have got destroyed the credibility of the information media by your bias. And naturally individuals like James Comey, Andrew McCabe, John Brennan destroyed the credibility of the FBI and our justice system as effectively. We now have an unlimited drawback on this nation. It’s unsustainable. And the one method you clear up it’s with data, and transparency, and hearings, and investigations. It’s not quackery, it’s not conspiracy idea. It’s what’s going to be required.

TODD: Let me ask you this. Then why didn’t you maintain hearings concerning the 9/11 truthers? There’s loads of individuals who thought 9/11 was an inside job. So that you’re principally saying is that if there’s sufficient individuals who consider a conspiracy idea, if there’s sufficient individuals who maintain, how concerning the Moon touchdown? Are you going to carry hearings on that?

JOHNSON: There are all types of issues that I’d like to carry hearings on. You must sort of choose and select primarily based on priorities. Proper now, we have now this election. We’ve received tens of tens of millions of Individuals that suppose this election was stolen. We have to get the underside of it. Once more, what’s defined, we have to clarify it, get that off the desk. We additionally should acknowledge there have been some actual issues right here. There’s some points that should be explored and investigated.

TODD: You’ve received to ask your self whenever you inform individuals one million instances that one thing was stolen or one thing was fraud after which they consider it, I believe you must look within the mirror and ask your self why so many individuals believed it.

JOHNSON: Nicely, Chuck, you must take a look at your mirror since you carried the Democrats’ water on the entire Russian collusion with the Trump marketing campaign hoax —

TODD: Sen. Johnson, I’ve received to go. I admire you approaching. I’ve allow you to, I’ve allow you to say loads of —

JOHNSON: That’s what you probably did within the media. You carried that water for years. You destroyed the credibility of the press, not me.

TODD: Sen. Johnson, aside from, aside from crediting you for approaching, I admire that as a result of solely two of your colleagues had the center to say sure this weekend about this conspiracy idea that you simply’re engaged on.

Media Analysis Heart Vice President Brent Baker explains our weekly choose: “Todd couldn’t have been extra smug and sanctimonious towards a visitor as he used his platform to discredit and mock a U.S. senator with whom he disagrees. Fairly an egregious abuse of Todd’s journalistic function, particularly because it’s very onerous to think about him ever displaying such disdain towards a liberal visitor, and yet another instance of why Trump supporters don’t belief the ‘mainstream media.’”

Score: 5 out of 5 SCREAMS.

 

 

> Liberal Media Scream posts for 2020.

> For all of 2019.

> For all of 2018.

> For July by December 2017.

> For January by June 2017.

> For July by December 2016.

> For January by June 2016.

> For July to December 2015.

 

[ad_2]

Supply hyperlink